Episode 1

October 31st 2012

"Mr. Skylark visiting hours are over for today." Said the nurse waking me
up. How long was I asleep? 

"It doesn't look like Saber will be waking up any time soon you should go home 
and get some sleep" I looked at saber realizing that she was right. He has been here 
Lying in this bed for months now. The doctors said he wasn't supposed to live past a
week, but he did.

"You need to go home, this is not good for you and he would not have wanted 
you sitting here day after day waiting." she paused "Wasting your life away wondering
when?" she keeps talking but it's the same as I have heard before. I have been hearing 
the same thing for months now and it's almost become second nature to ignore it.

"Go home Dale" Ok so I can't ignore it all the time. "You need some rest I'll 
call you if anything changes ok, just go home."

This is where me, Saber, Casper and Alice all live we have known each other since
we were toddlers.

"I'm home" I yelled into the living room. "How is he doing?" asked Alice
in a hopeful tone. There was allot of that lately "Hope" I am almost positive that 
it doesn't exist.

"The doctor says that if he doesn't wake up soon that his chances of never waking 
up are slim to none" I could barley hold back the sobs that were clogging my throat.
"I am so sorry, no one should ever watch the one they love go through something like this"
I know Alice means well by this statement but she doesn't know how this feels. No one does 
unless Casper was the one in the coma she will never understand.

Casper came over and hugging me he whispered "Everything will work out, I know it."
 As he let go of me I started tearing up. I had to get out 
of here before I go into full on sobbing "I'm going to bed" I turned toward the stairs.



Maybe this is just a dream maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and this will all
be a dream or the way I see it a nightmare.


~Meanwhile Across Town~





Comments

  1. Dylan I am so intrigued. I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm already hooked.

    Ashby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also intrigued, also can't for the next chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job so far Dylan! I'm looking forward to Dale's next visit to see Saber! I wonder what is with the fairy? What is he doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, a great start to your story. I'm looking forward to reading more. :)

    ~Hailey~
    (aka Dawn)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dylan, the ending was so shocking! What a great start! I can't wait to read more, I love the characters so far.
    However, there are some grammar mistakes that I would look into, just to make your story even better!

    Logan Fey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts